Youth and Family Counselling
What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for children and youth up to 18 years of age and their families, who require clinical interventions to address significant needs concerning social, emotional or behavioural challenges. The Youth and Family Counselling Program seeks to improve identified challenges and overall functioning. This program provides regular and consistent sessions that are focused on the client’s needs and goals for a duration of up to 6 months.p>
How do I access this program?
The program can be accessed by attending one of New Path’s Walk in clinics offered in 5 locations throughout Simcoe County (Alliston, Barrie, Bradford, Collingwood or Orillia). Visit our website at www.newpath.ca for a schedule of clinics.
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist clients to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• become aware of available community and other resources
What are the major service activities of the program?
The Youth and Counselling Program involves 2 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Individual, family or group therapy
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
Who provides service in this program?
Therapy is provided by a Youth and Family Therapist.
Is there a cost for this program?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services.