Probation In House Clinical Services (PICS)
What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for youth ages 12-17 and their families. Youth must currently be on a probation order.
The PICS program provides brief counselling and support to help reduce the risk of future involvement in the youth criminal justice system.
This program works in partnership with Probation Officers and can provide support to youth and their families in our office setting, the youth’s school or the community.
PICS is a brief service, up to 6 sessions in duration.
How do I access this program?
Referrals for this program can be made by a Youth Probation Officer.
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist you to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• become aware of available community and other resources
What are the major service activities of the program?
The PICS Program involves 4 major service activities as follows:
1. Clinical Case Consultation with Probation Officers
2. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
3. Individual/family counselling and support
4. Advocacy and community collaboration with service providers
Where is the program located?
The program is offered by New Path throughout Simcoe County.
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling and consultation is provided by a Youth and Family Therapist.
Is there a cost for this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services (Youth Justice Division).