Partner Abuse Program Women’s Service
What need is addressed in this program?
This client-centered program is for women who have experienced abuse in a partner relationship.
How do I access this program?
Women can self-refer by calling the nearest New Path office directly. See contact numbers above.
Si vous etes femme francophone victim de violence conjagale, vous recevrez vos services en francais en communiquant avec le centre Colibri au 705-797-2060
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist women to:
• have a greater understanding of equal and healthy partner relationships
• increase their self-confidence, assertiveness skills and sense of independence
• have a greater sense of safety in their lives
What are the major service activities of this program?
The Partner Abuse Program involves 2 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Individual counselling for women
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
• Alliston (705-733-2654 ext. 2507)
• Barrie (705-733-2654 ext. 2309)
• Collingwood (705-445-4181 ext. 5227)
• Orillia (705-325-6161 ext. 3266)
• Midland (705-526-3644)
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by a Partner Abuse Counsellor.
Is there a cost to this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Community and Social Services.