Intensive Services for Students (ISSP)
What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for elementary and high school aged children, youth and their families who are experiencing significant social, emotional and behavioural challenges that are impacting their school performance.
This program provides intensive in-home and in-school supports for up to 6 months.
How do I access the program?
Referrals for this program can be made by Elementary or High School Principals, or by contacting New Path’s Central Intake Department 705.725.7656 or from the 905 area code in Simcoe County 1.866.566.7656
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist clients to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and behavioural challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning for both client and family
• develop effective relationships with school supports and resources
What are the major service activities of the program?
The Intensive Services for Students Program involves 4 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Individual and family counselling
3. Parenting support
4. Regular collaboration and case conferencing with school personnel
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by an ISSP Worker.
Is there a cost to this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services.