Early Years Services
What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for children ages 0-6 and their families who require support or counselling to address challenges with social, emotional or behavioural challenges.
This program provides Walk-In and Office based family and group sessions and limited in-home support.
How do I access this program?
This program can be accessed by attending one of New Path’s Walk in clinics offered in 5 locations throughout Simcoe County (Alliston, Barrie, Bradford, Collingwood or Orillia).
Visit the Walk-In Clinics Page on our website for a schedule of our clinics.
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist parents to:
• develop a greater understanding of the strengths and challenges of their child and family
• learn tools and strategies (with their children) that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• become aware of appropriate community resources
What are the major service activities of this program?
The Early Years Program involves 2 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Parent support and education
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by an Early Years Worker
Is there a cost for this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services.