Children’s Treatment Network
Child and Family Counselling Program
What need is addressed by the program?
This service is part of the Children’s Treatment Network (CTN) partnership and provides integrated counselling services to children, youth and their families.
This service is for children and youth up to age 19 (or up to age 21 if attending school) with multiple special needs, who reside in Simcoe County.p>
How do I access this program?
Parents and professionals can contact CTN Network ACCESS
What will the program help me achieve?
This program will assist children, youth and parents to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• become aware of available community and other resources
What are the major service activities of this program?
The CTN Counselling Program involves 4 major service activities as follows:
1. Short term counselling and support for families and children with multiple special needs who are experiencing heightened levels of stress (6 to 12 sessions)
2. Parenting support
4. Referral to other community services if appropriate
Where is the program located/available?
New Path offers the program in partnership with CTN in:
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by a Child and Family Therapist
Is there a cost to this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services