Community Partners with Schools (COMPASS)
What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for elementary aged children and their families who require counselling and support to address social, emotional and behavioural challenges. This program helps to build the capacity of school personnel and additionally, may involve community or in-home support.
How do I access this program?
This program can be accessed through your child’s school Principal or by attending one of New Path’s Walk-In Clinic Locations.
Walk-in Clinics are offered in 5 locations throughout Simcoe County (Alliston, Barrie, Bradford, Collingwood and Orillia).
What will the program help me achieve?The program will assist you to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• develop a collaborative support plan with school personnel
What are the major service activities of this program?
The COMPASS program involves 4 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Individual and/or group counselling
3. Parent support
4. School capacity building
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
Francophone services are offered by La Cle d’la Baie en Huronie
705.725-9755, ext. 251
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by a COMPASS Worker.
Is there a cost to this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care.