What need is addressed by this program?
This client-centered program is for youth ages 12-17 and their families. Youth must currently be on a probation order.
The Attendance Centre programming provides counselling and support to help reduce the risk of future involvement in the youth criminal justice system.
This program works in partnership with Probation Officers and can provide support to youth in our office setting, the youth’s school or the community.
The length of service varies depending on the goals and conditions of the youth’s probation order.
How do I access this program?
Referrals for this program come directly from a Youth Probation Officer.
What will the program help me achieve?
The program will assist you to:
• develop a greater understanding of their strengths and challenges
• learn tools and strategies that support improvement with identified challenges and overall functioning
• become aware of available community and other resources
What are the major service activities of the program?
The Attendance Centre Program involves 3 major service activities as follows:
1. An initial assessment period to establish client needs and goals
2. Individual counselling and/or manualized programs, community learning HUB and youth justice programs
3. Advocacy and community collaboration with service providers
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
• South Simcoe
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by an Attendance Centre Worker.
Is there a cost for this service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services (Youth Justice Division).