Welcome to New Path’s Call-In Counselling Clinic
Because mental health can’t wait.
If you are in need of immediate assistance you can contact the mental health crisis line at 705-728-5044 or 1-888-893-8333
At New Path, we are committed to supporting efforts to minimize exposure and spread of COVID 19. At this time, during the stay at home measures, we continue to offer in-person, call-in and online mental health services by appointment only. Our preference for the 28 day stay at home measures is to offer virtual services, but we recognize that this is not the best option for all of our families and youth. We continue to be well-positioned and prepared to offer in-person child and youth mental health services when necessary. Should an in-person session be requested, as an essential service and as per the government’s directives, travel to New Path office locations is possible for that appointment.
Call us today 705.725.7656 or 1.866.566.7656 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and a counsellor will contact you to book an appointment.
If you are a current client, please call your counsellor to book your next appointment.
The Call-In Counselling Clinic provides single-session counselling and can be your first step to accessing other New Path services.
- During the session, you will have the opportunity to speak with a clinician who will work with you to gain a better understanding of the concern that has brought you to the clinic and/or help you to develop strategies for this concern.
- If you access the Call-In Counselling Clinic for additional supports, the same clinician may not always be available. Don’t worry, we are all here to help.
- PLEASE NOTE: If your child is UNDER THE AGE OF 12 and you have a JOINT CUSTODY AGREEMENT the other parent MUST consent to each Walk-In session you attend. Your child CANNOT be seen without the consent of the other parent on the day of clinic.
What to expect:
- Regardless of whether your session is in-person, on the phone or by video, there is paperwork to complete. The intake worker will complete all the paperwork with you on the phone. There may also be some additional questionnaires to complete if you attend an in-person session.
- The Coordinator will come back to collect your paperwork and will then review it with the clinic team and a supervisor.
- Sessions are booked for 1 hour with a clinician.
- The Clinician will complete a summary note that will include feedback, recommendations and a possible referral to other supports/services at New Path or within the community.
- You will be asked to complete a pre and post-session questionnaire and feedback form when you attend an in-person session.
What not to expect:
- Please note that New Path does not diagnose specific conditions or disorders nor can we provide a medication treatment review.
Frequently Asked Questions
What need is addressed by this program?
The Call-In Clinic can be your first step into the services that New Path offers. It provides a single session to children, youth and families who require support for emotional, relationship or behavioural challenges. When appropriate, referrals to our other programs can also take place at the Call-In Clinic. This program is offered weekly in New Path offices across Simcoe County. The Call-In Clinic can be accessed by children, youth and families as often as they require support.
How do I access this program?
Due to the COVID pandemic, children, youth and families should call us to book an appointment 705-725-7656 or from the 905 area code in Simcoe County 1-866-566-7656
What will the program help me achieve?
This program is intended to provide you with immediate and accessible support.
• Develop a greater understanding of their strengths and presenting challenges
• Walk away with a plan to address their presenting challenge, which may include referrals to other New Path programs.
What are the major service activities of the program?
The Call-In Clinic Program involves 3 major service activities as follows:
1. A self-assessment questionnaire to assist the Call-In Counsellor and client in the development of the focus of the session
2. A counselling session (1 hour in length) that can include an individual or families
3. A written summary of the focus of the session and the plan that families take with the
Where is the program located/available?
The program is offered by New Path in:
Who provides service in this program?
Counselling is provided by a Walk-In Clinic Counsellor.
Service is provided by a mental health counsellor.
Is there a cost for this program?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Health.