Who is this Service For?
- Youth 11-18 years experiencing significant social, emotional and behavioural problems, who require an intensive 24 hour therapeutic setting
- Residential placement is considered after other community based interventions have been attempted
- Families are expected to be involved in ongoing service
Who Can Make a Referral?
- Parents and Guardians
- Youth over 12 years of age
How is a Referral Made?
Residential treatment beds are accessed through Simcoe County Residential Central Intake Committee or York Region Central Intake Committee. Call New Path Intake Department at 705-725-7656 or, from the 905 area code in Simcoe County, call 1-866-566-7656.
What are the Services?
- Residential treatment in one of three 24-hour staffed 6-bed homes
- Individual and family counselling
- Group counselling
- Specialized classroom staffed by one teacher and a mental health worker
- Recreational activities
- Psychiatric and psychological consultation
- Service coordination with other agencies
- Support after discharge
Where is the Service Located?
The Residential Program is located on a 25 acre rural Cookstown site. There are 18 residential beds in 3 group homes:
- One female-only home
- One male-only home
- One co-ed home
Is There a Cost for this Service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services.
Note: If you receive the children’s special allowance it will be deducted for your child during the time they are in the residential service.