Intensive Services for Students Program (ISSP)
Who is This Service For?
ISSP is for children and youth with significant mental health needs (i.e. social, emotional or behavioural challenges). Families are also involved.
Who Can Make a Referral?
- Elementary school principals
- Secondary school principals
- Community organizations in collaboration with the school
How is a Referral Made?
- Call New Path Intake Department at 705-725-7656 or, from the 905 area code in Simcoe County, call 1-866-566-7656
- Complete a telephone interview with an intake worker
What are the Services?
- Consultation in schools
- Classroom management strategies
- In-school, in-home and community programs
- Individual and family counselling
- Service co-ordination with other agencies
- Consultation with a multi-disciplinary navigation team
- Links to community services e.g. parenting, recreation programs
Where is the Service Located?
Is There a Cost for this Service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services.