Community Partners with Schools (COMPASS)
COMPASS is a joint service offered by New Path Youth & Family Services in partnership with Kinark Child and Family Services.
Kinark Child & Family Services
34 Simcoe Street
Barrie, Ontario L4N 6T4
Who is This Service For?
Elementary and secondary schools looking for community supports to enhance healthy child and youth development and to reduce social, emotional, or behavioral barriers to learning.
Who Can Make a Referral?
- Elementary school principals
- Secondary school principals
- Community organizations in collaboration with the school
How is a Referral Made?
Contact COMPASS staff in the local community.
What are the Services?
- Specialized consultation to school personnel
- Classroom management strategies
- In-school classroom programs
- In-school small group programs
- Brief individual and family counselling
- Service coordination with other agencies
- Consultation with a multi-disciplinary team
- Links to community services e.g. parenting, recreation programs
Where is the Service Located?
Services offered by New Path:
- Orillia: 705-325-6161 Ext. 3252
- Georgian West (Collingwood) : 705-445-4181 Ext 5229
- Innisfil and Southwest Simcoe (Alliston): 705-458-4338 Ext 224
Services offered by Kinark:
- Barrie: 705-726-8861 Ext. 633
- North Simcoe (Midland): 705-526-3708 Ext 304
- Angus: 705-726-8871 Ext 631
Francophone Services offered by Le Cle d’la Baie en Huronia:
- 705-725-9755 Ext. 251
Is There a Cost for this Service?
No, this service is funded by the Ministry of Children & Youth Services