Welcome to New Path
New Path Youth and Family Services of Simcoe County is the Lead Agency in Simcoe County for Moving on Mental Health. We are an accredited children’s mental health centre providing a range of compassionate,innovative and accessible services for children, youth and their families throughout Simcoe County. New Path is funded through multiple funding sources including the Ministry of Children and Youth Services, the Ministry of Community and Social Services and Ministry of the Attorney General.
We provide direct service to children and adults, and develop resources for new programs. Everyone at New Path works together to create better futures for people and their communities.
Click to view our Service Philosphy
We can be reached at 705-733-2654.
For Central Intake, call 705-725-7656 or 1-866-566-7656 from the 905 area code.
Hours of Operation: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Evening appointments are available upon request.
French Language Services / Services en Francais
• Pour les services en français pour les enfants, jeunes et leurs familles,
veuillez communiquer avec La Clé d’la Baie au 705-549-3116 poste 7162.
• Si vous êtes femme francophone victime de violence conjugale, vous recevrez vos
services en français en communiquant avec le centre Colibri au 705-797-2060
•Si vous êtes un francophone qui a commi des actes de violence physique ou émotionnelle ou de contrôle
abusif à l’égard de votre conjoint ou partenaire intime, composez le numéro 705-733-2654 et poste 8 pour
le Programme d’Intervention Auprès Des Partenaires Violents.
Supportive Communities and Better Futures
Mission of New Path Youth & Family Services
New Path Youth and Family Services leads and inspires positive change. We promote mental health and wellness for children, youth, and families and their communities through an innovative multiservice approach.
Mission of New Path Foundation
To lead and inspire change – we develop and manage philanthropic investment and mobilize community support to meet the mental health needs of children, youth and families.
Click on the following Links for some of our other initiatives:
For a summary of some of our highlights and milestones achieved over the past year, please refer to 2015-2016 Service Highlights
New Path is committed to developing policies, practices and procedures that provide accessible services to all our clients. Services will be provided to clients with disabilities in a manner that promotes and respects dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity.
Your feedback is important to help us improve your experience. We would like to hear your comments, questions and suggestions about the provision of our materials or services to people with disabilities. Please click on the link below to download and print the feedback form. It can be returned to our HR Dept. by fax at 705-735-6826, by email email@example.com or by mail to 165 Ferris Lane, Barrie, Ontario, L4M 2Y1.
New Path Core Competencies
New Path has developed a list of seven core competencies that are reflective of our staff and volunteers. To view New Path’s Core Competencies, click here.
Statement of Information Practices
To provide the best service possible, New Path Youth & Family Services needs to collect and use information, including personal health information, about you and your child/youth. We are committed to keeping this information safe and confidential. We follow rules set out in law about collecting, using and disclosing information and providing you with access to your information.
For further details, please read our Statement of Information Practices.
All New Path Clients Have a Right:
- To be treated with dignity and respect without discrimination.
- To a service that respects and honors cultural diversity and strives to accommodate the uniqueness of individuals being served including the right to receive spiritual/religious instruction in the faith of the client’s choice, where applicable.
- To privacy and confidentiality so long as is legally and ethically possible.
- To receive service in an environment that promotes a feeling of safety and security.
- To make a complaint about a service and to be well oriented to New Path’s Resolution of Complaints policy and procedure.
- To accessible services that promote and respect dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. To be engaged as a partner in the planning for services, to make decisions about services and to discontinue services within the limits set by service agreements.
- To a service that promotes autonomy, skill development and an optimum quality of life.
Please click, Resolution of Complaints if you wish to speak to someone about a concern regarding service at New Path.